Drink, turkey and avocado sandwich, veggie straws, cherries and yogurt


The George Washington University's open dining plan was designed with our student's diverse and nutritious food preferences in mind, affording them the flexibility and freedom to enjoy dining in a way that best meets their individual needs. We’ve opened the city up to our students by partnering with more than 105 dining and grocery vendors who accept Dining Cash. You simply pay for your food purchases with a swipe of your GWorld card.

If you require assistance or want to provide feedback, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to your email within one business day.


Am I required to participate in the meal plan?

All GW undergraduate students who live in GW residence halls are required to participate in the meal plan. Plans are determined based off the availability of a kitchen in a student’s residence hall.


How do I find where to eat?

We have more than 105 dining and grocery partners throughout D.C. that support nutritional preferences, tastes and range from fine dining, grab-and-go, late night, delivery, coffee, snacks, food truck vendors and more. You can check out a complete list of partners or use the GET mobile app to explore your extensive dining options.


What can I use Dining Cash for?

Dining Cash is added to your account through your dining plan, which is required for all undergraduate students who live in GW residence halls. It can only be used at our dining and grocery partners and cannot be used for retail or service purchases with one exception. If Colonial Cash is not available, Dining Cash will be used for residence hall laundry and on-campus printing transactions.


What can I use my Colonial Cash for?

Colonial Cash is voluntary money that you can add to your account. It can be used in addition to Dining Cash for grocery, food, retail or service purchases.


Do Dining Cash and Colonial Cash rollover?

Yes, all Dining Cash and Colonial Cash funds rollover from semester to semester and expire only after 35 months of no account activity.

How do I add Dining Cash or Colonial Cash?

Both can be added onto your GWorld card by check, cash or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) at the GWorld Office (located on the ground floor of the Marvin Center) or via the GET app. Colonial Cash can also be added by depositing cash at Value Transfer Stations located on the GW campus.

What if I want more Dining Cash than the dining plan minimum? 

Second-, third- and fourth-year students that are interested in having more Dining Cash may opt to purchase any higher value dining plan than the plan that is assigned, according to the class year.

Students should visit the GWorld Office, located on the Ground Floor of the Marvin Center to purchase a higher value dining plan. The deadline for submitting dining plan changes is Friday, September 7, 2018.

How do I manage my account?

You can manage your account via the GET app.

I can’t seem to find anything to eat to meet my dietary needs, what options do I have?

The George Washington University recognizes that students come to GW with a variety of nutritional needs and food preferences.  It is the goal of the university to provide you the offerings to meet your individual nutritional needs.  
If, however, you have a chronic medical condition that necessitates the provision of specific accommodations beyond what is available through the GW Dining program, there is a process that the university will follow to determine if such accommodation is reasonable.  Please fill out and submit the Dietary Needs Requiring Accommodations: Student Request  Form (.pdf) and have a medical professional fill out the Dietary Needs Requiring Accommodation: Health Care Provider form (.pdf) These forms should be sent it to GW’s Disability Support Services as noted in each form. It is important for you to provide the information requested and fill in all information fields.  You should also explain your individual dietary needs in detail so that we can understand and work together with you to meet your needs.
GW is a residential campus, and part of the residential experience is participation in GW required dining plans.  This requirement is clearly expressed in the university’s residential Housing License Agreement and no one is exempt from the dining plan.  GW is committed to meeting students’ dietary needs through a wide selection of dining options.  

I’m a resident of the Mount Vernon Campus and could use some assistance getting my dietary needs met. Is there anyone I can speak with?
At Mount Vernon Campus Dining we take your health and nutrition needs seriously and hope to partner with you to make your dining experience at GW safe and enjoyable. We recommend that you get to know our dining managers, as they will be your best resource for allergen identification and special needs accommodations on an ongoing basis.
If you have allergies to milk, eggs, peanuts, fish, shellfish, soy, wheat, tree nuts, dairy, gluten, or have been diagnosed with such conditions as celiac, lactose intolerance, diabetes, etc. we are equipped to help. 
We offer a variety of meats, fish and poultry daily that can be prepared with no added ingredients.  Nearly all of our proteins and vegetables can be prepared gluten-free, so please ask.  Within each dining venue, foods are labeled with nutritional information and major allergens. 

I’d really like to speak with a dietician and get some nutritional advice, where can I go?

If you are interested in an individual nutrition consultation please contact the GW Student Health Center. 

Find a GW Dining Partner
Meal Deals
Download the GET App